Register now: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/drivers-of-homelessness-findings-for-action-tickets-363016380767
Press Release: Event Press Release.docx
Join us June 22 for the launch of a new report on drivers of homelessness and actionable solutions in Greater Victoria.
About this event
Join local, provincial, and national experts on housing and homelessness to discuss “Drivers of Homelessness: Findings for Action” – a new report authored by the Community Social Planning Council of Greater Victoria (CSPC) and funded by SPARC-BC.
Speakers at this event will include
- Esther de Vos, Executive Director of Research for BC Housing;
- Erin Dej, Assistant Professor at Wilfred Laurier University and researcher with the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness;
- Hannah Mang-Wooley, Tenant Legal Advocate at Together Against Poverty Society;
- and others
“Drivers of Homelessness” answers key questions to solving the ongoing housing and homelessness crisis in Greater Victoria by addressing questions such as
- What are the most important structural and systemic factors that contribute to homelessness?
- How can we prevent homelessness by addressing these structural and systemic factors?
- How does early intervention fit into a broader homelessness prevention framework?
This event will include the launch of a SPARC BC funded report that examines the drivers of homelessness in Greater Victoria through the analysis of CSPC’s homelessness prevention program The report will inform evidence-based conversations in the public and the media and support local policymakers in preventing and ending homelessness in our region.