Greater Victoria Rent Bank
A Rent Bank provides financial assistance in the form of a no-interest repayable loan to households at risk of eviction for reasons such as non-payment of rent or essential utilities. The loan can also be used as a damage deposit and/or first month's rent to move to safe and sustainable housing.
*Service providers: Please print this one page document to share in your organization.
The Greater Victoria Rent Bank assists families and individuals who meet eligibility requirements and who may be at risk of eviction or essential utility disconnection due to a short-term financial crisis.
- Interest-free, low-fee loans
- Advocacy and referral services
- Support in a time of crisis
Please review eligibility criteria below prior to submitting a Pre-Assessment
- 19 years of age or older.
- Residents of Greater Victoria (and Salt Spring Island) OR moving to Greater Victoria (with a rental agreement when seeking security deposit and/or first month’s rent).
Note: In exceptional cases, financial assistance may be available for those moving out of Greater Victoria
- Must meet low-to-moderate income requirements*
- No more than 2 months behind on rent or utililties*
- Have a regular source of verifiable income
- Have a current bank account
- Evidence funds will stabilize housing for at least 90 days
- Ability to repay loan and manage any outstanding debts
*Exceptions may be made in some circumstances if all other eligibility criteria are met.
For Greater Victoria, low-income is defined* as follows:
General Inquiry Line: (250) 383 6166 ext 3
Case Worker Direct Contacts:
- Olivia 236-638-6681 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mikaela 236 638 4153 email@example.com
- Nicolas 236 638 4682 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours are Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 4:30pm; emails and phone calls will be returned during these hours.
CSPC staff may be working remotely. If you wish to meet in-person, please call ahead to ensure the availability of a Rent Bank Program staff person.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Financial Support for the Greater Victoria Rent Bank is provided by these municipalities
Additional financial support for the Greater Victoria Rent Bank is provided by
This rent bank is supported by BC Rent Bank, a project of Vancity Community Foundation funded by the Province of BC.
BC Rent Bank has a three-year mandate to create the infrastructure necessary to support a province-wide rent bank system.