Saanich E-Bike Equity Program
Under the TACES Project, the Community Social Planning Council supports the development of best practices in program design, tools and evaluation metrics for climate-friendly transportation equity.
Working with local experts and drawing from existing research, the CSPC will gather and share best practices, data sets and metrics to identify priorities and design a regionally focused climate equity framework for transportation.
This Program Evaluates
- How rebates influence the adoption of e-bikes.
- If e-bikes replace walking, cycling, transit, personal vehicle trips, or resulting in new leisure trips (called trip substitution).
- GHG emission reductions from trip substitution.
- If e-bike use increased physical activity levels for personal transportation.
- How transportation affordability impacts households.
- Equity in program access for households of different incomes.
- Lessons learned to share with other jurisdictions.