- This event has passed.
Policy + Protection: How we can increase density without displacing tenants
September 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
In a push to increase housing supply, tenant displacement, increased rental costs, and decreased access are often unintended consequences. However, local governments can implement policies that help to minimize these negative effects.
Join us from 12-1:30pm PST on September 28th for a solutions-based conversation.
This is a chance for you to have your ideas heard and share in dialogue on an important issue facing our community. The objective of this conversation is to identify ways in which we can
- Provide strong tenant protections/displacement supports while
- Increasing housing supply and thereby addressing the systemic shortage of housing.
Speakers at this event will include
- Julian West, Missing Middle Housing & Sustainable Transportation
- Doug King, Together Against Poverty Society
- Aleida Blandford, Tenant Protections & Community Engagement
- Jordan Milne, Urban Land Economics, Rental Housing, & Mixed-Use Development
- Person with lived experience of renting in Greater Victoria
This event is part of the CSPC’s continuing dialogue on Housing Affordability and is co-hosted by Livable Victoria.
Register here: bit.ly/DisplacementProtectionEvent