- This event has passed.
B.C. Carbon Pricing Equity Engagement Sessions: Rural & Remote Communities
May 18 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
These B.C.-wide virtual community engagement sessions on the equity aspects of B.C.’s provincial carbon tax and associated programs aim to engage diverse community members across the province. There is a limited number of spaces available in each session so please register if you are interested.
The Community Social Planning Council of Greater Victoria is supporting B.C.’s Carbon Pricing Review with community sessions for equity-seeking groups. These sessions will be an opportunity to:
- Get an update on the federal government’s minimum carbon price for all provinces and territories and BC’s plans to meet or exceed that.
- Information on provincial carbon pricing, and
- An opportunity to explore:
- The different impacts of the carbon tax for diverse community members, especially those with low incomes
- How carbon tax programs can be designed to help address fairness and affordability
- What are some of the challenges that need to be looked at and how can we make carbon tax programs more accessible?
Feedback from engagement sessions will inform the provincial government’s review of the carbon tax, which aims to understand the impacts of carbon pricing on affordability for households and businesses.
Capacity Funding of $21 per hour will be provided to low-income individuals, the time commitment is 1.5 hours. In order to receive capacity funding participants must opt-in at the time of registration.
Sessions will take place over Zoom.