- This event has passed.
B.C. Carbon Pricing Equity Engagement Sessions: Orgs. Serving Low-income
May 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
The Community Social Planning Committee of Greater Victoria, as part of our commitment to climate equity, is supporting B.C.’s Carbon Pricing Review by facilitating engagement sessions with organizational and community representatives of equity-seeking groups.
These engagement sessions aim to:
- provide an update on the changes to provincial carbon pricing set in motion by the federal government minimum required carbon price for all provinces and territories in Canada and BC’s commitment to meet or exceed the federal carbon price.
- share information on B.C.’s carbon pricing policies and programs, and
- generate feedback from equity-seeking groups on:
- The differing impact of the carbon tax for diverse community members
- How different groups could be supported equitably
- Best practices for implementation and reducing barriers to access
Feedback from engagement sessions will inform the provincial government’s review of B.C.’s carbon tax and associated programs, which aims to understand impacts on affordability for households and businesses.
We will be holding separate engagement sessions for organizations that serve diverse populations and community members from equity groups.
Capacity Funding ($21 per hour) will be provided to support low-income individuals and organizations with low capacity where it helps reduce barriers to participation. The option will be available at registration.