Starting off 2014 with a Bang!
This is such an exciting time at the Community Social Planning Council! The Community Investment Fund is taking off, we have Molly McCracken from CCPA-Manitoba coming in to speak at two events, including one on Neighbourhood Resilience, our Winter Fundraising Campaign is up and running, and there will be more exciting announcements coming up soon.
Just in case you missed the coverage of the Community Investment Fund, here are the links.
- January 9, 2014. Times-Colonist EDITORIAL- Investment pays social benefits
- January 8, 2014 Times-Colonist article by Sandra McCulloch - Group seeks RRSP money to build affordable housing in Victoria
- January 6, 2014 CBC On the Island with Gregor Craigie
- January 2, 2014 C-FAX 1070 The House of Common with Frank Stanford
- December 20, 2013 Tyee.ca article by Jackie Wong - Retirement Savings Could Jump-start Victoria Affordable Housing - Redirect RRSP investments into local projects, and re-engage progressive citizens.
Find more media coverage here.